Aluminum Clear Coatings
Metal surfaces of building façades, most often aluminum or stainless steel, are easily neglected. They suffer because of the assumption that these metals are virtually maintenance-free. Surprisingly, the original protective layers on these metals are only 1 or 2 mils (1/1000th of an inch) thick—quite literally, “paper thin.” Without proper care, protective finishes deteriorate and permanent damage occurs. Stuart Dean has special techniques that carefully remove harmful, dulling soil and pollutants. Restored surfaces are protected with both clear and colored high-performance coatings. Our systems renew the luster, and both protect and modernize the appearance of architectural metal curtain wall systems and building façades.
Stuart Dean specializes in:
- Providing accurate condition survey and analysis reports.
- Conceptual budgets and planning reports.
- Surface treatments to refinish, restore, and preserve architectural metals.
- Coatings that can be applied in any color to modernize and protect original factory finishes.
- Restoration of anodized aluminum and painted finishes to a like-new appearance on buildings ranging from one to 100 stories.
- One point of contact, by a national team of specialists with a presence across North America, ensuring each project will be managed consistently from start to finish.
- Warranties on all products application.
The Special Services Group of Stuart Dean has involvement with The Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC), National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), the American Institute of Architects (AIA), and Construction Specification Institute (CSI), which provide us with expertise in coating performance and substrate conditions, allowing us to stay on the forefront of new technologies and methodologies to protect metal architectural surfaces.
Stuart Dean maintains a 10,000 square foot National Training Facility in Cleveland, Ohio, which is consistently utilized by Stuart Dean applicators across the country for training and certification as High-Performance Coating application specialists. Certifications are granted in conjunction with top coating manufacturers, which enable our technicians to be certified by numerous coating companies. This allows Stuart Dean to offer field-applied coating warranties atypical of the industry standard.
Contact Stuart Dean
Restoring and maintaining architectural assets avoids costly removal and replacement. Restore and maintain what you have. Contact a Stuart Dean representative at (800) 322-3180 for an assessment.