We are currently seeking a Corporate Controller-Treasurer for Stuart Dean. Reporting to the EVP/CFO, this is a key role within the Finance team as the role holder will also be an Officer of the company as well as Assistant Secretary to the Board of Stuart Dean. The individual will be responsible for directing all aspects of Stuart Dean’s accounting & treasury functions, including finance, accounting & treasury internal policy & procedures, the budgeting and projecting of cash receipts & disbursements, managing and limiting cash & credit risks, and supervising cash management activities.
Candidate submittals in the form of a cover letter and resume should be sent to Catherine Jones, SVP HR at email@example.com no later than Friday, July 16th.
- Direct all aspects of the treasury & accounting functions
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls & policies, GAAP compliance, financial procedures and audit requirements
- Oversee and perform internal audits of Stuart Dean divisions across the US
- Oversee the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, payroll, taxes and all aspects of cash management.
- Oversee the activities of the Divisions for the complete integration of all accounting issues and services including accurate and timely account statement analysis and Division disclosure development.
- Oversee corporate payroll tax compliance, sales and use taxes, and quarterly and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Primary interface with external auditors
- Maintenance of financing, client and vendor cash relationships, field financial job continuity and appropriate cash flow
- Maintains relationships with primary lender inclusive of all banking programs, lending arrangements and legal structure
- Responsible for all Revolving Credit (“Line”) covenant calculations, reporting, projections and legal tracking
- Responsible for the internal budgeting, projecting of cash flow and external reporting of same
- Responsible for overall company collections, DSO standards and credit extensions
- Reviews, analyzes & negotiates at-risk receivables
- Prepares/reviews all monthly/quarterly banking financial instruments
- Reviews all large client contracts for payment terms, client credit worthiness and insurance matters
- Handles receipts, disbursements, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments
- Advises management on investments and loans
- Responsible for all accounting & treasury policies development & maintenance
- Recruits, manages and trains team members, inclusive of accounting, payroll, receivable, payable and corporate administrative personnel
- Responsible for all company non-benefit related insurance platforms and claim review/co-ordination
- Performs other such duties as are given by the EVP/CFO from time-to-time particularly in the area of financial analysis and reporting
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required, masters or professional certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in the field of treasury
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to demonstrate an application of creativity and latitude when required
- Minimum of 8 years management experience leading a team of people
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Strong financial software skills – MicroSoft Office, MicroSoft Dynamics (in particular Navision), CashPro, PayChex
About the Company
Stuart Dean is an international provider of renowned architectural restoration services. A pioneer in the industry, Stuart Dean is the preeminent, family-owned restoration and maintenance business with over 80 years of experience. From historic landmarks to new construction, Stuart Dean provides critical services that extend the life, increase the value, and enhance the beauty of architectural assets. With over 20 locations in the U.S. and Canada, we have the unique opportunity to provide national and international services to the commercial real estate, hospitality, construction, institutions and the arts, government, houses of worship, colleges and universities, and residential markets.
Stuart Dean is an Equal Opportunity Employer