Financial Specialist – New York City
Stuart Dean is currently seeking a Finance Specialist for its Corporate Office reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance/Treasurer. In this position, we are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Finance Specialist to join our finance team. The Finance Specialist responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, playing a key role in managing all collection activities, assisting with financial planning, budgeting processes, analyzing financial reports, assisting in financial models, preparing projections, and performing ad hoc projects. You will be responsible for maintaining both accurate records and control reports. As a Finance Specialist, you will also be responsible for providing the team with financial guidance and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Assist in monthly collections and accounts receivable calls with all office mangers on a national level.
- Manage collection activities, work with the Company’s outside Levelset program to ensure follow-up inquiries, lien process, negotiating with past due accounts and work with outside collection agencies.
- Provide monthly calculations for all AR adjustments between the GL and AR such as “Bad Debt Reserve” and quarterly write offs, as needed basis.
- Assure timely collection of funds due to the Company. Provide and track DSO calculation monthly.
- Work with CashPro banking application to guarantee all cash receipts are applied properly daily.
- Assist in credit checks on Company’s customers, using the Dun and Bradstreet system.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Work on special ad hoc projects for Treasury Department and Finance Team.
- Provide monthly AR reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/adjustments.
- Coordinate closely with outside auditors on accounts receivable inquires and any ad hoc requests.
- Reconciling Accounts Receivable and General Ledger balance by division, monthly.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree of accounting or finance.
- 5-7 years’ experience in collections, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Experience in working with accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) a plus.
- Experience in working with LevelSet and Lien process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Stuart Dean is an Equal Opportunity Employer