Helper/Apprentice – Metal & Stone
Stuart Dean’s Washington DC Office (Virginia) has opportunities for Metal & Stone Helpers/Apprentices. This is an expanding market with a great opportunity for someone looking to grow. We are willing to train individuals who are interested in restoration work and who are willing to learn. Individuals are expected to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled physical labor and tasks following established procedures and processes as assigned and as directed by a Foreman or Supervisor.
- Cleaning, preparing, refinishing and restoring metal & stone surfaces
- Stripping, polishing, removing scratches; paying attention to grain, surface textures and unique qualities of the metal and stone.
- Accept work instructions from other metal Technicians and learn from necessary skills training
- Employ methods and processes that eliminate waste
- Willing to train; 1-2 years of hands on experience a plus, but not required
- Work is physical in nature; therefore, must be willing and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders, operate machinery and work on scaffolding
- Hours are primarily in the evenings (3rd shift) and early mornings
- Must be able to understand and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and safety standards and protocols
- Must be thorough, detailed, and conscientious with the execution of the work
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
Interested candidates should send resume to Cliff Small at: email@example.com
Stuart Dean is Equal Opportunity Employer