Operations Supervisor (Night) – New York City
Stuart Dean is currently seeking a Night Supervisor for its New York City office. This position is accountable for delivering results in the areas of operational execution, scheduling and manpower, as well as, promoting client relationships in support of the Sales group for the New York City market. As a member of the New York City office team, this role will contribute to helping secure market leadership for Stuart Dean. The individual will be expected to foster the company’s Culture and promote and exemplify its Values of Fairness, Accountability, Mutual Respect, Integrity and Loyalty.
Interested and qualified candidates need to submit a cover letter and resume to Kristen Rice at email@example.com.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervises, coordinates and performs activities associated with the Operations department and Technicians as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Assists the Operations Manager in running the department and the functions performed by the Technicians in a safe, professional, and efficient manner in conjunction with standards and procedures set forth by the Company and its respective clients.
- Assists in developing the weekly and monthly scheduling of work, in assessing the maintenance contracts and delivery of timely servicing, preparing and coordinating the crews, and in the assignment of work and crews by client need and service line (metal, stone, wood, etc.).
- Ensures that the crews adhere to the policies and SOP’s set forth by the Company for all products and services and in accordance with the requirements of the client and their facilities.
- Hands-on responsibility for the day-to-day operational efficiency of the crews and insuring all equipment is in good order and materials are stocked
- Performs daily/nightly inspections of crews on assignment. Addresses any issues around safety, following SOP’s, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Performs on-site inspections of work completed and in progress and reports any issues, concerns, and work results to the Operations Manager.
- Expected to present a professional, positive image of the Company given the role interfaces with property managers, contractors and vendors.
- May be responsible for aspects relating to upkeep and cleanliness of the shop/warehouse, vans and equipment, stocking/ordering of supplies and materials, etc.
- Responsible for advising the Operations Manager of any disciplinary issues or potential problems with any of the Technicians. Expected to be familiar with all company policies and, if applicable, Union contract terms as it relates to the supervision, discipline, wages, and work time.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent; some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Foreman level experience in the field or in a related capacity and industry.
- Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and SOP’s.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Typically reports to the Operations Manager.
Stuart Dean is an Equal Opportunity Employer