Operations Supervisor – San Francisco
Stuart Dean is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor for its San Francisco office. This position provides supervisory leadership for the operations and field services of the office and is charged with day-to-day communication among Administrative, Sales and Technical teams. In addition, this position assists with scheduling manpower pursuant to client needs and projects and in accordance with Company guidelines on direct labor management. Hours vary from day shift to night shift.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Jeffrey Nanna, General Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervises, coordinates and performs activities associated with the Operations department and Technicians as directed by the General Manager
- Assists the General Manager in running the division and the functions performed by the Technicians in a safe, professional and efficient manner in conjunction with standards and procedures set forth by the Company and its respective clients.
- Interacts and coordinates with salespeople as necessary.
- Assists in developing the weekly and long-term scheduling of work; assessing the maintenance and/or single service orders/contracts; delivery of timely servicing, preparing and coordinating the crews; and in the assignment of work and crews by client need and service line (metal, stone, wood, etc.)
- Inputs all orders into the Company’s financial reporting system (NAV).
- Ensures that the crews adhere to the policies and SOP’s set forth by the Company for all products and services in accordance with the requirements of the client and their facilities.
- Hands-on responsibility for the day-to-day operational efficiency of the crews and ensuring all equipment is in good order and materials are stocked.
- Responsible for daily/nightly communication and/or necessary travel to job sites with crews on assignment. Addresses any issues regarding following SOP’s, safety, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Performs remote check-ins and on-site inspections of work completed and in progress and reports any issues, concerns, and work results to the General Manager.
- Collects all timesheets, ensuring proper coding and compliance with union contracts and forwards to Office Manager for processing.
- Ensures all documents (insurance claims, incident reports, disciplinary actions, etc.) are filed timely.
- Responsible for advising the General Manager of any disciplinary issues or potential problems with any of the Technicians.
- Expected to be familiar with all company policies and, if applicable, union contract terms as it relates to supervision, discipline, wages and work time.
- May be responsible for aspects relating to upkeep and cleanliness of the shop/warehouse, vans and equipment; stocking/ordering of supplies and materials, etc.
- Expected to present a professional, positive image of the Company.
Knowledge and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience at the level of Foreman in the same field or in a related capacity and industry
- Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices and SOP’s
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 50-100 lbs. with some assistance
Stuart Dean is an Equal Opportunity Employer