Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Stuart Dean has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Vice President (SVP) of Human Resources in its Corporate division. The SVP of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations and is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures and best practices; identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals; coordinating succession planning; building effective internal cultures and developing a positive employer brand.
Ideally, a successful candidate will be based in New York City but candidates will be considered that can base out of Stuart Dean offices located in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Orange County, Philadelphia, San Francisco or Washington, D.C.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to Grace Ben-Ezra, Manager, HR at email@example.com
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Collaborates on negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations in multiple states.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Experience in a union environment, including negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with OSHA requirements and safety protocols.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Stuart Dean is an Equal Opportunity Employer