Account Manager, New York
Stuart Dean’s New York City Office has an opportunity for someone who wants to make a profitable career in sales and account management. We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven Account Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for selling Stuart Dean’s services & branded products, managing assigned client accounts, generating proposals and estimates as needed, and providing value-added expertise in Stuart Dean services to our clients. Also responsible for budgeting as it pertains to client accounts, revenue generation, profitability, operational support of the accounts and clients as it relates to project management & coordination of services. The individual will be expected to foster the company’s Culture and promote and exemplify its Values of Fairness, Accountability, Mutual Respect, Integrity and Loyalty.
- Responsible for cultivating new and maintaining existing client accounts. Primary focus will be in the New York Metropolitan area.
- Insuring core services of Stuart Dean are completed in accordance with client requirements and Stuart Dean SOP’s, along with introduction/growth of new products/services.
- Meet regularly with clients to review services and build relationships for continued growth within the market and added services.
- Perform regular walk-through of buildings for solicitation of additional services as part of the quality control and client liaison responsibilities.
- Review assigned account invoices at least monthly and track against schedules and assist with collections as needed.
- Reports on tactical/strategic appointments to the General Manager and other team members.
- Track new services and meet goals assigned by management. Maintain sales activity records and reports.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals by selling additional, value-added services to assigned clients and/or new clients.
- Monitor and comprehend market conditions, competitor performance and product development.
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person.
- Participate in sales and professional organization (BOMA, IREM, IFMA, etc.) events.
- Responsible for the oversight of daily scheduling of crews on fulfilling both maintenance and project needs of clients.
- Responsible for preparing equipment, the ordering of materials and supplies for the execution of work and projects.
- Creates and/or participate with plans for departmental capacity growth, improvement and good resource utilization.
- Communicates directly with the General Manager, Operation Manager, Sales Staff, Technicians, vendors and suppliers.
- Four year college/university degree or combination of education and work experience equivalent to a four-year degree is desired.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales and account management experience within business services, real estate, construction management, or related industries.
- Background in related industries including construction, architectural restoration, building finishes, metal refinishing, natural stone, ornamental metals, commercial real estate, facility services, or intangible product or service sales a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Highly disciplined, independent, and entrepreneurial.
- Strong work ethic and able to perform in a true hunter environment.
- Must be able to take initiative to service client accounts, sell additional services, and manage own time effectively to produce optimum results.
- Technology skills needed include spreadsheets, MS-Office, MS-Outlook company software implementations.
Stuart Dean is an Equal Opportunity Employer