Helpers/Apprentices – Metal, Wood, Stone
Stuart Dean has opportunities for Metal, Stone & Wood Helpers in various locations. (Cleveland & Columbus, OH – Pittsburgh, PA – Boston, MA – Phoenix, AZ – Houston & Dallas, TX) These are expanding markets with great opportunities for individuals looking to grow. This entry level position offers the education and experience to build your knowledge of the foundation skills and techniques to service historic as well newly constructed projects safely and efficiently. We are willing to train individuals who are interested in restoration work and who are willing to learn. Individuals are expected to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled physical labor and tasks following established procedures and processes as assigned and as directed by a Foreman or Supervisor.
- Cleaning, preparing, refinishing and restoring metal, wood & stone surfaces.
- Stripping, polishing, removing scratches; paying attention to grain, surface textures and unique qualities of the metal, wood and stone.
- Accept work instructions of other metal, stone and wood Technicians and learn from necessary skills training.
- Employs methods and processes that eliminate waste.
- We are willing to train; 1-2 years of hands-on experience a plus, but not required. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Must be able to understand and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Work is physical in nature; therefore, must be willing and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must wear company provided uniforms & safety equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders, operate machinery and work on scaffolding.
- Hours are primarily in the evenings (2nd shift) and (3rd shift) night to early morning and vary usually by season to daylight (1st shift).
- Willing to work overtime and open to working weekends when required.
- Must be willing to travel with overnight stays, company will provide per diem.
- Must be thorough, detailed, and conscientious with the execution of the work.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Must use provided technology and tools as part of work shift.
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish are a plus.
Candidates interested in applying for these positions should contact Tim Degan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Dean is Equal Opportunity Employer