Caring for your NeverEtch Coating
Do’s & Don’ts
- Do not place hot items directly on coated surfaces. Use a trivet or place mat.
- Never cut directly on any coated surface. Always use a cutting board.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning products (i.e., SoftScrub, Barkeeper’s Friend, Comet or Ajax). Do not use Scotchbrite pads, abrasive sponges or scouring pads.
- Do not drag boxes, trays, dish racks or containers across coated surfaces.
- Promptly remove excess moisture from surfaces. Do not leave wet rags, towels, or placements on coated surfaces. Avoid using silicone or other non-breathable materials that can encapsulate moisture underneath them resulting in blemishes on the coating surface.
- Remove excess moisture from items like drying racks, plants and planters, potted plants, and poorly ventilated appliances as they can encapsulate moisture and cause discoloration and damage to the coating.
- Do use a neutral pH balanced cleaner such as Stone Care International, pH Neutral Stone Cleaner, Weiman Granite & Stone, Method Daily Granite Cleaner, or hot water with an antimicrobial dish soap (Dawn etc.) and a microfiber towel!
- Exposure to direct unfiltered sunlight may cause isolated degradation to the coating and may turn it to yellowish color. Use it on outdoor surfaces at your own risk.
We know that your bar tops are heavily used. The easiest way to extend the life of NeverEtch® coating is to keep surfaces clean and dry. The coating is there to protect the marble but daily abuse can be a lot so we ask your staff to help when they see obvious things that might damage the coating. If the coating gets scratched or damaged, please remember to reach out so we can provide a quote to touch up the coating. The good news is that we will not have to redo the entire top.